The BSPR is pleased to announce the availability of several opportunities to support the attendance of young researchers at BSPR/EBI Annual Meeting.
- MJ Dunn Fellowships: up to two prestigious Fellowships will be awarded to PhD students or early-stage post-doctoral researchers to enable them to attend the annual BSPR meeting to be held in Hinxton, Cambridge in July 2010. Fellowships will cover the full cost of registration, conference dinner and on-site accommodation; awardees will be expected to contribute their own travel costs. Applicants should be members of the BSPR. The deadline for applications is 19th March 2010.
- Francois Griaud (University of Manchester)
Adam Byron (University of Manchester)
- Student Bursaries: a number of bursaries to support the full cost of student registration for attendance at the annual BSPR meeting will be made. Awards will not cover accommodation or travel expenses. Applicants must be registered for a research degree but need not already be members of the BSPR. The deadline for applications is 19th March 2010.
- Young Researcher Awards: a number of awards will be made to early-stage post-doctoral researchers to support registration at the annual BSPR meeting 2010. These awards will be either (i) up to the full cost of registration at the meeting if the applicant is a member of the BSPR (two months prior to the date of the announcement of the awards) or, (ii) a contribution towards registration fees up to a maximum of £200 if the applicant is not already a member of the Society – such applicants will be expected to join the Society. The deadline for applications is 19th March 2010.
- Melanie Abonnenc (Kings College London)
- Sarah Martin to (University of Edinburgh)
- Marie-Claude Djidja (Institute of Cancer Research London)