We are pleased to announce that, following yet another very successful year at Hinxton, the 7th annual scientific meeting of the British Society for Proteome Research will again be organized in collaboration with the European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI) and held in the popular Wellcome Trust Conference Centre from 13-15 July 2010.
- Registration is closed!
- Poster Abstract Submission is closed!
For enquiries relating to either registration or abstract submission please contact via email to [email protected] For all other enquiries relating to the conference please contact via email to [email protected]
The Final Programme for the meeting is now available for download.
Protein identification and characterisation was the major thrust of the initial phase of proteomics. Quantitation, however, is pivotal to understanding the differences between cells and organisms under different physiological and pathophysiological conditions, and is an essential prerequisite for a true systems-level understanding of biological processes. The major focus of this meeting is recent strategies for qualitative description and quantitation of proteomes, and the novel informatic tools enabling their application to the discovery of new biomarkers, the elucidation of biological function, and the construction of cellular signalling and interaction networks. Sessions will cover the application of these technologies to proteomic research from prokaryotes to plants, animals, human and clinical studies.
Sessions and Topics:
- Quantitation by Labelling
- Label-free Quantitation
- Modern Array Technology
- Advances in Bioinformatics
- Animal Proteomics
- Clinical Proteomics
- Plant Proteomics
- Protein Dynamics
- Protein Interactions
- Early Stage Career Investigator Award
- Oral Communications
Keynote and Plenary Lecturers *To be confirmed
- Ruedi Aebersold (ETH Zurich, Switzerland)
- John Yates III (Scripps Research Institute, USA)
- Don Hunt (University of Virginia, USA)*
Honorary Membership Lecturer
- Angelika Goerg (Technical University Munich, Germany)
Invited Speakers *To be confirmed
- Amos Bairoch (Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics, Switzerland)
- Rob Beynon (University of Liverpool, UK)
- Dolores Cahill (University College Dublin, Ireland)
- Ed Marcotte (University of Texas Austin, USA)*
- Ingrid Miller (University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna, Austria)
- Eckhard Nordhoff (Medical Proteome Center, Germany)
- David O’Connor (University of Southampton, UK)*
- Waltraud Schulze (Max-Planck-Institute for Plant Physiology, Germany)*
- Markus Selbach (Max Delbrück Centre for Molecular Medicine, Germany)
- John Semmes (Eastern Virginia Medical School, USA)
- Hanno Steen (Children’s Hospital Boston, USA)
- Jay Thelen (University of Missouri, USA)*
- Phillip Wright (University of Sheffield, UK)
- Michel Zivy (UMR de Génétique Végétale, France)*
BSPR/EBI Educational Workshop Quantitative Proteomics EBI, Hinxton, Cambridge, UK 15-16 July 2010
The BSPR is pleased to announce the availability of several opportunities BSPR Fellowships and Awards 2010 to support the attendance of young researchers at the 2010 BSPR/EBI meeting.
A high quality Trade Exhibition involving many of the leading companies will be held during the meeting.